Schedule 5-Star Electrician Service Online Now
Electrical Smoke Detectors Contractor - Virginia Beach VA - Norfolk VA - Chesapeake VA - Suffolk VA - Portsmouth VA
Professional Smoke Detector Installation
Correct installation and placement of your smoke detectors saves lives. In fact, this simple yet important device is vital to ensuring that you and your family stay alerted to — and protected from — deadly fires.
Smoke detector installation is serious business. According to the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA), household fires spread much more quickly than in the past due to the kinds of fabrics and materials used in modern home furnishings. For this reason, an adequate number of smoke detectors must be installed correctly in every home.
Smoke Detector Maintenance and Testing
In order to ensure your smoke detector works when it needs to, follow these steps and precautions:
- Maintain your smoke alarm according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Test your smoke alarm once a month by pressing the test button.
- Replace your smoke detector if it uses a 10-year battery and the alarm starts chirping.
- Replace the battery once a year if your smoke alarm uses this type of battery.
- Install at least one alarm on every floor of your home and make sure they are interconnected.
If you need smoke detector replacement, hire a licensed electrician to make sure it is properly installed and will work properly if a fire ever occurs in your home. Airforce HVAC is the licensed and insured smoke detector provider to meet your needs.