Schedule 5-Star HVAC Service Online Now
Heater Installation and Replacement Contractor - Virginia Beach VA - Norfolk VA - Chesapeake VA - Suffolk VA - Portsmouth VA
Which Heat System is Right for Your Home?
There are several types of heating systems utilized in the Virginia Beach and surrounding areas, including:
1. Heat Pump – Technically, a heat pump is a mechanical-compression cycle refrigeration system that can be reversed to either heat or cool a controlled space. Installation for this type of system typically consists of two parts: an indoor unit called an air handler and an outdoor unit similar to a central air conditioner, but referred to as a heat pump. A compressor circulates refrigerant that absorbs and releases heat as it travels between the indoor and outdoor units.
2. Furnace – When air enters the furnace, it enters a combustion chamber. Gas also enters the combustion chamber through a valve. The air mingles with the gas and is ignited by the pilot light. The ignited gas heats up something called the heat exchanger, which is nothing more than several metal tubes. Metal retains heat, so once heated, the tubes stay hot. Then, as more air enters the furnace, it flows under and around the metal tubing, which heats up the air. Finally, that warm air is sent through the ducts to heat the home.
3. Geo-Thermal – Basically, geothermal heating/cooling systems operate via sub-surface conductive heat transfer, using the naturally renewable temperature of the earth’s crust as a heat source in the winter, and as a heat sink in the summer.
4. Packaged Heat Pump / Gaspack – Typically, packaged units are installed outdoors at ground level, in a crawl space, or they may be installed on the roof for horizontal or down-flow designs. Available in the same configurations, and utilizing the same components as split systems, packaged units also offer a variety of efficiency options. Unlike split systems, in a packaged system, most components are in one cabinet.
Most importantly, remember that regular maintenance is critical to keep your heating system working efficiently for you. Make sure to have your heating system checked every year to avoid huge heating repair costs in the future.
Why Choose Airforce HVAC?
- Reliability, trust and safety are the core values of our business.
- We guaranteed our pricing. The price we quote you is the price you get. There are no hidden fees
- We believe in using sustainable products and recycle to support & protect our environment.
- Just like family.We treat you, your property and the care of your products as if they were our own.
When working with any heating system, it’s always important to consider safety. Our technicians work within all building and safety codes to ensure the safe operation and efficiency of your new or newly repaired system.