Schedule 5-Star Solar Service Online Now
Solar Power Contractor - Virginia Beach VA - Norfolk VA - Chesapeake VA - Suffolk VA - Portsmouth VA
Expert Solar Contractors Serving Central Virginia
Did you know that solar home installation is more affordable today than ever before? Best of all, not only will you save on future utility bills, you’ll have access to a variety of economic incentives - and contribute to a more sustainable energy economy by reducing your carbon footprint.
Fossil fuels are becoming more and more expensive due to resource depletion, geographical barriers, and health risks (e.g., nuclear plant leaks, oil drilling catastrophes). Solar energy is becoming the more viable alternative and a system of choice for a growing number of homeowners throughout our Commonwealth. One of the most efficient ways to harness solar energy is via photovoltaic (PV) cells, either placed on a roof or free-standing over a parking lot or field.
READ: Solar Incentives for Virginians
Solar 101: How it Works
- Sunlight hits the PV cells and creates DC (direct current) power.
- The DC power is sent to an inverter (generally located on the side of a house) which converts DC into AC (alternating current) power, which is what household appliances use.
- The AC power goes from the inverter to an energy meter (generally located on the side of the house).
- The entire system will either have a separate meter that measures its production where the electricity is plugged directly into the utility grid - or, the electricity will be directly used in the house itself. In the latter case, when the sun is shining, power from the panels is used to power appliances and any excess power is sent back to the grid; when that happens, the power meter actually turns backwards. At night, when the sun is down and the panels are not producing energy, the house draws energy from the grid (local power company) and the energy meter then spins forwards.
Why Choose Airforce HVAC?
- Reliability, trust and safety are the core values of our business.
- We guaranteed our pricing.The price we quote you is the price you get. There are no hidden fees
- We believe in using sustainable products and recycle to support & protect our environment.
- Just like family. We treat you, your property and the care of your products as if they were our own.
When working with solar installation, it’s always important to consider safety first. Our technicians work within all building and safety codes to ensure the safest operation and highest level of efficiencies of your newly installed solar system.